This week, I put in a day at the office, then moved to Germany and survived. Let's celebrate!
- As we started off 2016, Pajiba takes a moment to remember the assholes we hated in 2015, including anyone who doesn't like Hamilton and New Hampshire.
- This article is from 2009 but apparently the vaccine debate is coming up again. Vaccinate your goddamn kids people!
- Starbucks finally gets on board, just as I leave for Germany! These are all over Europe and they're flipping awesome. My office espresso machine makes them and I'm embarrassingly excited for them.
- For our Hamilton news, the phenom tried to go digital this week, moving its daily Ham4Ham lottery online. Well, they broke the internet... Here is a summary of the situation and here is Jonathan Groff comforting Lin-Manuel, for completeness.
- Okay, one more Hamilton-related one. As I mentioned yesterday, I've been pretty Ham-centric this week. Twitter user skullmanidble live tweeted his first listen to the soundtrack. It's pretty entertaining. My faves: his alternative, much-happier version that ends with "Dear Theodosia" and all the Jesus Christ Superstar references.
- Slate lists all the stuff that offended us at the movies this year. I agree with everything except The Martian. I watched it on the plane yesterday and the movie, and Matt Damon's performance, remain perfect.
- Finally, before I started dreading the Republican response, I was overwhelmed by Obama's call for gun action. I'm so happy to see him take steps before the end of his second term. I wanted to find a nice summary of his statement, including his tears for Newtown, reminding us that he is, in fact, a human being. After wading through a lot of far-right vitrol and garbage, I finally found something nice and non-partisan - just the video itself, from Vogue. Yep, I ended up with a fashion magazine...