The best time of the week.
- Per previous post, I recently finished season one of Mr. Robot and am now along for the ride of season two. The show is full of references and homages to other films and Vulture tries to nail down the more obtuse ones. Additionally, the site makes a case for Rami as the best actor on television.
- The RNC was this week. The good news: Indiana doesn't have to worry about another term of Governor Pence. The bad news: He might be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Friendly reminders why Trump is the worst: Here's the guy who actually wrote The Art of the Deal, describing how unfit he is for the presidency. And here's a handy list from Slate of the things that should have single-handedly ruined his candidacy. And the campaign can't even make a seven minute speech without stealing from the people they are lambasting.
- More bad news: it's not the end of our democracy, but still not great. HBO has confirmed that next season's Game of Thrones will be three episodes shorter and several months later. I guess that gives George another chance to get his book out there?
- For some much nicer news, this story at Mashable about how a tweet led to a wedding is adorable.
- The Fug Girls do not back away from a challenge. This week, they took a look at all those Ab Fab outfits.
- Pajiba has their annual Top Ten List and, just like every year, I whole-heartedly support this list and the people on it.