First one of these from Rhode Island. Greetings!
Before we get to the links, I have some news. I just moved to Rhode Island! After a couple of months in the Midwest, I got restless and packed my bags and hit the road again. So here I am: new year, new decade, new state, new job, new company. It's a whole new thing!
Over the next couple of months, I'll wrap up all the loose articles from my time in Germany - thoughts on travel around Europe, living abroad. Then a couple of articles on moving. Then settling back into the grove - exploring New England, gossip about books and television, and worrying way too much about politics. Until then!
- This one is a little older but here we go. Wired maps first sentences of famous novels. It's pretty.
- The Oscars were almost two weeks ago but I'm finally getting around to all the drama backstage.
- As for the Oscars, thanks to Vanity Fair, I just discovered this awesome Third Man theory on Best Picture which I will absolutely be consulting next year. Here is where I also note that I haven't been immersed in an awards season in two years (2016 was moving to Germany, 2017 moving to Rhode Island) and I can't wait to be distracted at the end of this year by Little Gold Men podcasts and ignore whatever shitshow is going on in the real world (and probably DC).
- Speaking of drama, Ryan Murphy is back with Fued. The Fug Girls take a look at what really matters in a show like this: the fashion of the first episode.
- Finally, politics. I was going to link to a few disheartening political links. Maybe something about the pathetic attempt at healthcare from Republicans or whatever terrible thing our Orange Furor tweeted this week. But instead, let's remind ourselves what we can do. Lately, I joined the Rhode Island Indivisible chapter. The tea party did one thing right: organize. Let's do that, but nicely and for a good cause. With facts.